Directions and Technical Info
Before general use, test on a small area to determine compatibility, required dwell time, and coverage for desired results. For an estimated 5 or less coats, scrape a section of the area with a stripping tool after one hour of dwell time. If not easily down to wood after one hour, leave on longer and test again hourly. For 10 – 15 coats of paint, cover with plastic and wait 24 hours to test. For best results, cover the stripper with plastic and do not allow to dry.
- Shake well before use. Protect all areas not being stripped with plastic sheeting. Rubber gloves
and safety glasses are recommended for eye and skin protection.
- Pour into a container and apply with a brush, roller (best applied with a 1 1/4” nap roller), or airless sprayer. Apply liberally – the stripper should cover the color of the stain. For best results and extended dwell times, cover stripper with plastic. Do not let stripper dry out, mist with water if you notice any dry areas. Refer to test area on dwell time before stripping. Test stripping a small area to ensure you are down to the substrate. If not, leave R-A-D™ PaintStrip on and let it do its job. R-A-D™ PaintStrip may or may not bubble. This will depend on the type of paint or sealer being removed. One gallon covers approximately 50-100 sq. ft. Best results are achieved when R-A-D PaintStrip is applied at temperatures between 60F and 80F.
- For best results, agitate with a stiff bristle brush and then remove by either scraping or pressure
washing. Always pressure wash at an angle so that the water jet acts as a chisel.
- Let surface dry completely before refinishing. Clean all tools with soap and water.
- Dispose of paint or sealer waste in accordance with local, State, and Federal regulations.
R-A-D™ PaintStrip covers approximately 50-100 square feet per gallon of product. Coverage will vary on application method and substrate.
SAFETY CAUTION: See Full R-A-D™ PaintStrip SDS
Contains benzyl alcohol, monoethanolamine and surfactants. Prevent eye contact. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Wear safety goggles and gloves during use. Wash with soap and water after use. Keep container closed when not in use. FIRST AID: EYES: Immediately flush with water for at least 20 minutes. If wearing contact lenses, remove and continue flushing with water. Seek immediate medical attention. SKIN: Rinse with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and launder before reuse. If irritation develops, seek medical attention. SWALLOWED: If swallowed, rinse mouth out with water and give 1 glass of water if person is alert. Do not induce vomiting. Immediately contact a poison control center, physician, or hospital emergency room for instructions.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Max: voe g/L; Max Vapor Pressure of voe: 28.5 mm Hg. Non-photochemically Reactive. Less than 50% VOC. No Methylene Chloride or NMP I Eco-Friendly