PLEASE READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY
The product you are about to order is not highly caustic and is biodegradable. Nonetheless, there are hazards in using any type of chemical, even household bleach. The main cleaning compound in Restore-A-Deck deck cleaner is sodium percarbonate, better known to most by a brand name called OxyClean™. In addition to the sodium percarbonate, there are other proprietary chemicals that assist in cleaning, killing mold growth and lightly removing existing finish.
The following are true of Restore-A-Deck Cleaner.
- It has a slightly caustic pH balance
- It is a mild stripper suitable for use when an existing deck finish has been on for over a year. If your finish is newer (water will still bead on it) please see the F.A.Q section
- Protective gear should be worn. This includes hand and eye protection. Long pants and a shirt with sleeves are added precautions.
- It is mildly irritating if left on the skin. Skin should be flushed and/or neutralized with water or lemon juice if skin contact is encountered. An eye wash is also recommended to have on hand.
- Some darkening of wood may occur if the cleaner is not followed and neutralized with Step-2 BRIGHTENER.
The following is true of Restore-A-Deck Brightener
- It has an acidic pH balance and is a blend of citric and oxalic acids.
- By itself, it can be used as a maintenance cleaner if wood is not going to be sealed.
- Protective gear should be worn.This includes hand and eye protection. Long pants and a shirt with sleeves are added precautions.
- It is irritating to some when breathed. The blend used in Restore-A-Deck Brightener is safer than straight oxalic acid and also less harsh to the wood.
Do not allow Restore-A-Deck Cleaner or Brightener to dry on plants, glass, siding or furniture.
Restore-A-Deck Cleaner contains NO sodium hypochlorite (bleach)
Deck surface may become slippery from melting mold or finish. Exercise caution when walking.